Tuesday, May 27
the life of the party
As in my life has suddenly become a life of parties. This week, I have
an Amish Feast for Clayton's class during Wednesday lunch;
a last-day-of-school, pre-K graduation party for Connor's class Wednesday afternoon at school;
a birthday party for one of Connor's friends after school Wednesday;
the end-of-year, on-the-farm-in-the-boondocks party for Clayton's class on Thursday;
the end-of-year Monkey Joe's party for Connor's class on Friday;
and another birthday pool party for two daughters of a good friend on Saturday.
Of course, each one also comes with a present to buy, a few dollars to chip in, admission to pay for, gas to burn, or food to bring. So on Sunday, I'm going to throw a little party of my own, at which I offer to wash strangers' windshields for spare change on the street. Drive on by, and I'll shine you up real nice.
an Amish Feast for Clayton's class during Wednesday lunch;
a last-day-of-school, pre-K graduation party for Connor's class Wednesday afternoon at school;
a birthday party for one of Connor's friends after school Wednesday;
the end-of-year, on-the-farm-in-the-boondocks party for Clayton's class on Thursday;
the end-of-year Monkey Joe's party for Connor's class on Friday;
and another birthday pool party for two daughters of a good friend on Saturday.
Of course, each one also comes with a present to buy, a few dollars to chip in, admission to pay for, gas to burn, or food to bring. So on Sunday, I'm going to throw a little party of my own, at which I offer to wash strangers' windshields for spare change on the street. Drive on by, and I'll shine you up real nice.
4 comments:
An Amish Feast? Seriously.
Maybe it's an Ozark feast? Whatever.
don't get the parties. All I remember about the last day of school in 5th grade was sitting in my desk watching the clock and when it clicked 3 I ran out the door down the stairs across the field to my house and my mom had to go back to clean out my locker.

But have fun in all the whirlwind!