Saturday, May 10
the ambivalence of motherhood
A heartfelt happy Mother's Day to all of you out there with
a ring around your bathtub, but mudpies in the backyard;
Play-Doh in your carpet, but imagination on the table;
crayon on your walls, but a masterpiece on the refrigerator;
laundry in the basket, but dress-up time in the afternoon;
crumbs on the floor, but jelly smiles on faces;
exhaustion in your eyes, but gratitude in your heart.
Hang tight, girls. We're going to make it.
a ring around your bathtub, but mudpies in the backyard;
Play-Doh in your carpet, but imagination on the table;
crayon on your walls, but a masterpiece on the refrigerator;
laundry in the basket, but dress-up time in the afternoon;
crumbs on the floor, but jelly smiles on faces;
exhaustion in your eyes, but gratitude in your heart.
Hang tight, girls. We're going to make it.
4 comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for that! Happy Mother's Day.
Love your blog, Kelly! And love this little diddy. I think I'll be forwarding it to some friends if you don't mind :).
not at all! :)
I needed that. Thanks.
