Friday, May 16
a dream fulfilled. for two.
For 25 years, I have wanted to see The Police in concert. When I say that, I mean that they're one of my favorite bands of all time -- I've always admired their musicianship, loved their songs, and wanted to experience their music and energy in person. Last night, my wish came true.
There was a woman who sat in front of me who had always wanted to see The Police in concert, too. And when I say that, I mean that she probably has slept with a tour poster under her pillow every night since junior high, and that she has guinea pigs named Sting, Andy and Stewart, and that she most likely runs a newsletter called The Police Force on an old mimeograph in her basement. She also probably has a cat named Gordon Sumner for a little inside joke, and she might have even turned her old Synchronicity and Zenyatta Mondatta LPs into dinner plates for special Sunday parties where she pretends to host the band for tea.
There's devotion, and then there's DEVOTION.
But I think we both rather enjoyed our evening, and I slept with an even bigger smile on my face last night, knowing that more than one girl went to bed with a dream fulfilled.
There was a woman who sat in front of me who had always wanted to see The Police in concert, too. And when I say that, I mean that she probably has slept with a tour poster under her pillow every night since junior high, and that she has guinea pigs named Sting, Andy and Stewart, and that she most likely runs a newsletter called The Police Force on an old mimeograph in her basement. She also probably has a cat named Gordon Sumner for a little inside joke, and she might have even turned her old Synchronicity and Zenyatta Mondatta LPs into dinner plates for special Sunday parties where she pretends to host the band for tea.
There's devotion, and then there's DEVOTION.
But I think we both rather enjoyed our evening, and I slept with an even bigger smile on my face last night, knowing that more than one girl went to bed with a dream fulfilled.
2 comments:
Post a Comment
I loOOOVE the Police. Although maybe not as much as that woman. I am so jealous!!!
That's quite the vivid and detailed description of the "other" woman...
