Wednesday, April 16
why we're going to go ahead and save for his marriage counseling
Today, for the first time, Clayton invited a girl over to hang out and play video games and such. This opposite-sex friendship has been good for him, I think, but he's mostly hung out with her in the context of events or family. He's had little one-on-one, lengthy conversation time with any girl before today.
Right when this sweet little thing got in the car, I asked her what school she attended. She responded with a 15-minute, nonstop, excited dialogue about the things she was involved in there. I mean, she barely took a breath between sentences. I thought it was adorable. Clayton, whose face she could not see, and who's rarely talked down anywhere at any time, was visibly dumbfounded that he could not get a word in edgewise.
She ended her story with the phrase "and that's important to me."
Pause.
Clayton: "You know what's important to me? The period."
Right when this sweet little thing got in the car, I asked her what school she attended. She responded with a 15-minute, nonstop, excited dialogue about the things she was involved in there. I mean, she barely took a breath between sentences. I thought it was adorable. Clayton, whose face she could not see, and who's rarely talked down anywhere at any time, was visibly dumbfounded that he could not get a word in edgewise.
She ended her story with the phrase "and that's important to me."
Pause.
Clayton: "You know what's important to me? The period."
2 comments:
Post a Comment
Clayton's comment made me laugh out loud - that was sitcom material there...
Yeah, I could barely keep a straight face. He's just never come face to face before with exactly how much we girls like to talk sometimes.....
