Friday, April 4

monkey caught! UPDATED

I just caught a snippet of the noon news here in Orlando, where the headline story featured residents who worked together to trap a wild monkey that was running loose in their neighborhood. Every person interviewed in the story had the words "TRIED TO CATCH MONKEY" under his or her name and face, until the winner emerged victorious with "CAUGHT MONKEY" under hers.

So don't you ever let anyone tell you that our city is just all about Disney World and fluff like that.


UPDATE (nine hours later): The monkey was in a diaper, so now I can see why that would be more of a serious news story.

My favorite quote from this article is from one of the people who TRIED TO CATCH MONKEY: "I wanted to take him for a pet but after he kind of growled at me and chased me down the street, that is just not the monkey I want to deal with."
|  
Labels:

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)