Friday, April 25
more birthdays
If Connor could be excited about something more than his own birthday, it would be that he shares it with his teacher in Pre-K. So, Happy Birthday, Mrs. May! And sorry, I just can't call you Nancy, even though that is your name and you're much younger than I am and we've become a bit friendly over the year. Even if I take you out to Starbucks one day, I will say "how do you like your coffee, Mrs. May?" and "do you want a shortbread cookie, Mrs. May?" Because my mom taught me that TEACHERS DESERVE YOUR RESPECT.
This week also marked the 82nd birthday of The Queen of England. This slide show from Time magazine is a fascinating look at her life. Some of my favorites are Photo 2, because it looks like it might have been her last genuine public facial expression; Photo 10, because every girl needs to have that caption under her picture at least once; and Photo 21, simply because of that unfortunate guy to her left. I promise you one thing: when that guy saw that picture, it was either the worst day or the best day of his life. Mike votes for worst. From the look on his face, I'm thinking best.
This week also marked the 82nd birthday of The Queen of England. This slide show from Time magazine is a fascinating look at her life. Some of my favorites are Photo 2, because it looks like it might have been her last genuine public facial expression; Photo 10, because every girl needs to have that caption under her picture at least once; and Photo 21, simply because of that unfortunate guy to her left. I promise you one thing: when that guy saw that picture, it was either the worst day or the best day of his life. Mike votes for worst. From the look on his face, I'm thinking best.

i work for a financial planner when i'm not at school and my boss is a dad from last year at school. to this day he still calls me Mrs. May even though he's my boss.....
now i'm off - sushi and painting pottery - my idea of a good time!