Wednesday, April 2

life with Mike

Someone last Sunday: What's it like to live with Mike?

Well.

Living with Mike is a little like living in a small, wacky laboratory, where he is the Slightly Mad Scientist, wringing his hands and imagining what cool potion we could brew up today to help people care about Christ and His Church. This is what he thinks about with every space we’re in, or book he reads, or product we see, or show we watch, or person we talk to, or vacant building we spot, or technology we encounter.
And I've resigned myself that this is what he will think about till the day they toss his body into a shiny coffin and throw a big anchor-shaped wreath of roses across the top with SAFE HARBOR IN JESUS written on it in an ugly red typeface. Because that is the kind of cheesy funeral I will give him if he dies and leaves me with three children.

Case in point: Mike has not slept all week long because of some huge decisions being made right now at the church. Not because he is worried or scared or even indecisive, but because he is HAVING THE TIME OF HIS LIFE.

I love him for it. I love you all, too, but I've been sleeping just fine.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)