Sunday, June 22
things I'd like to know right now
How to style my new haircut a little better. I don't know why it is, but when I try to use a hairdryer and a brush at the same, I look like I have a brain injury.
Why I can't learn things the easy way. It would save God a lot of trouble and my kids a lot of money on therapy in their 20s.
How to use layers in my new website design. It's driving me mad. I realize you don't really care about it, but you need to know why I might show up at your door at 3am with a glazed look in my eye, asking for Twinkies and a CSS tutorial.
What I'm going to write about for my Real Simple contest essay. The topic is "What was the most important day of your life?" Ideas, anyone?
How we're going to pull off some seriously huge stuff at church in the next six months. It makes me nauseated, the things God is asking us to do. I've found that's generally how you can tell it's He who wants you to do them.
Why I can't learn things the easy way. It would save God a lot of trouble and my kids a lot of money on therapy in their 20s.
How to use layers in my new website design. It's driving me mad. I realize you don't really care about it, but you need to know why I might show up at your door at 3am with a glazed look in my eye, asking for Twinkies and a CSS tutorial.
What I'm going to write about for my Real Simple contest essay. The topic is "What was the most important day of your life?" Ideas, anyone?
How we're going to pull off some seriously huge stuff at church in the next six months. It makes me nauseated, the things God is asking us to do. I've found that's generally how you can tell it's He who wants you to do them.
3 comments:
oh I really wish I could learn things the easy way too.
I'm not sure what the most important day in your life is... but mine is the day I became a mom. Nothing has ever changed me more than that.
And yep, changes at church make me sick to the stomach too... I think it has something to do with being a pastor's wife :)
I'm not sure what the most important day in your life is... but mine is the day I became a mom. Nothing has ever changed me more than that.
And yep, changes at church make me sick to the stomach too... I think it has something to do with being a pastor's wife :)
As far as the hairstyling bit, the only way I can manage the oft too avoided task of styling my hair is to clip my hair up in sections and do very small sections at a time. Obviously this is time consuming which is why 90% of the time I am in a ponytail. If I attempt styling without my clips(usually because my 2-year-old has run off with them and broken them into a million tiny choking-hazard pieces in a poorly executed attempt to unlock the mystery of how they operate) I too look like I am in the throes of a seizure. Not pretty. Hope that helps a little.
Regarding the essay...I can only imagine that the day you and Mike heard God tell you to plant a church had to be a seriously life altering moment or period in time. Also, I doubt many people will come up with that topic, fact or fiction.
Don't fret too much about the seriously huge stuff at church...ya'll never leave us disappointed and besides, God's driving the bus, so you'll get where you need to be and it will be better than you imagined.
Megan Aldridge
Regarding the essay...I can only imagine that the day you and Mike heard God tell you to plant a church had to be a seriously life altering moment or period in time. Also, I doubt many people will come up with that topic, fact or fiction.
Don't fret too much about the seriously huge stuff at church...ya'll never leave us disappointed and besides, God's driving the bus, so you'll get where you need to be and it will be better than you imagined.
Megan Aldridge

What will make the judges take notice? What will separate your story from the rest?
The problem with a contest like this is choosing between fact vs. fiction. The rules don't forbid fiction, so some writers will be using their imaginations instead of their life stories.
Maybe the most important day in your life will be the day you dream up a phenomenal story to win $3,000!