Monday, July 14
blackjack
Several people got around to guessing my secret yesterday, so I'll be a good girl and share it with everyone:
I'm simply losing weight.
As of today, I've dropped 21 pounds. I have more work to do, but no plans to turn this blog into a diet journal. So I'll simply say that this is an emptying of major proportion in my life, a lower-case-g god of carelessness and selfishness I have been trying to rattle off the altar for many years. I am more excited about the spiritual implications than the scale.
Botox? A book deal? A fourth baby, for heaven's sake? You people drink too much caffeine.
I'm simply losing weight.
As of today, I've dropped 21 pounds. I have more work to do, but no plans to turn this blog into a diet journal. So I'll simply say that this is an emptying of major proportion in my life, a lower-case-g god of carelessness and selfishness I have been trying to rattle off the altar for many years. I am more excited about the spiritual implications than the scale.
Botox? A book deal? A fourth baby, for heaven's sake? You people drink too much caffeine.
7 comments:
Post a Comment
While I congratulate you on losing weight I think our guesses were much more fun!
You're probably right! Which is why I may still publish a book, and I reserve the right to try Botox if I'm feeling crazy and old some day at the same time. No fourth baby though, unless God starts speaking about it from a bush in the backyard.
I do apologize to all my readers that my secret is only really exciting to me. But I didn't know that you'd all go quite so loopy over trying to guess it. Must be more careful with these posts.
I do apologize to all my readers that my secret is only really exciting to me. But I didn't know that you'd all go quite so loopy over trying to guess it. Must be more careful with these posts.
Well, *I* am excited about it. Losing weight - for the right reasons and in a healthy way - can be freakin' hard. Major props to you for doing it the right way with the right heart.
Does this mean no more Coke?
Does this mean no more Coke?
Alas, it is so. Maybe not totally cold turkey forever, but certainly not the Coke IV I was once sporting from dawn to dusk.
Tell me the secret you used Kelly, i weigh alot of pounds and loosing it has been a big problem.
I don't have a secret, really. But I will write about embracing big change in a post this week.
and you do look awesome - I noticed (BIG TIME) this past Sunday. Congratulations!!!!
