Wednesday, July 30
random updates, edition 10
Yesterday, I had to bury four months of hard work on a creative website navigation idea that died in beta testing. I had a sad little funeral for them, complete with somber hymns and two chocolate cookies. I feel a little bit better; grieving is healthy.
The heat, my Lord, the heat. Somebody turn on October.
Only two weeks till my seasonal Disney passes go live again for the fall. I'm thrilled; my reality can always use a little fantasy during August.
I only have two more significant spaces to organize before my August 17th deadline: a huge filing cabinet and the garage. Frankly, I'd rather have all my molars extracted by guerrilla fighters than finish them. But I press on for all of you who believe, as I do, that heaven looks a lot like The Container Store.
I've been so serious on the blog lately. Someone tell me to lighten up, for goodness' sake.
The heat, my Lord, the heat. Somebody turn on October.
Only two weeks till my seasonal Disney passes go live again for the fall. I'm thrilled; my reality can always use a little fantasy during August.
I only have two more significant spaces to organize before my August 17th deadline: a huge filing cabinet and the garage. Frankly, I'd rather have all my molars extracted by guerrilla fighters than finish them. But I press on for all of you who believe, as I do, that heaven looks a lot like The Container Store.
I've been so serious on the blog lately. Someone tell me to lighten up, for goodness' sake.
7 comments:
Post a Comment
Yes! I love the Container Store! So sad there's not one around the area...they should be having their shelving sale sometime within the next few months, so keep an eye out!
sorry to hear about your website. keep working, you'll get it!
I'm with you about heaven looking like The Container Store. I get their e-mails and just fantasize about homes that actually look like that. I also like the site, See Jane Work.
My house is authentically messy with two boys and an organizationally challenged husband. If I set an Aug 17th deadline, we would implode.
My house is authentically messy with two boys and an organizationally challenged husband. If I set an Aug 17th deadline, we would implode.
Shouldn't cleaning out the garage be on Mike's agenda?
Oh, it will be.... I am but the Sorter, and he is the Haul-It-to-the-Dump Man.
Aren't all these containers just holders for all our "stuff"? I'm thinking we might not need them in heaven!
I don't care whether we actually need the stuff or not. I just want to look at all the neat shelves lined with pretty, tidy boxes. :)
