Monday, March 3
something's missing
I remember clearly the first time I lost something very important to me.
When I was 14, a boy I met at summer camp sent me a tiny gold bracelet all the way from Texas, folded neatly inside an earnest teenage love letter. I was running track one day in high school when I looked down and my arm was bare. After an hour of desperate searching with no success, I called my mom and she drove me home, where I cried myself to sleep. I was so nauseated at the loss of something precious to me that I couldn't stay in my classes for the day.
I'll pause now to let you soak in the most critical point in this sad life story, which is that I was running track.
Now that you've taken a moment to appreciate that astonishing detail, I have to tell you that I've lost something else. It's not sentimental, but it is very important, and I am enlisting my dear readers to pray with me that I find it.
If I do, I'll tell you what it is....
When I was 14, a boy I met at summer camp sent me a tiny gold bracelet all the way from Texas, folded neatly inside an earnest teenage love letter. I was running track one day in high school when I looked down and my arm was bare. After an hour of desperate searching with no success, I called my mom and she drove me home, where I cried myself to sleep. I was so nauseated at the loss of something precious to me that I couldn't stay in my classes for the day.
I'll pause now to let you soak in the most critical point in this sad life story, which is that I was running track.
Now that you've taken a moment to appreciate that astonishing detail, I have to tell you that I've lost something else. It's not sentimental, but it is very important, and I am enlisting my dear readers to pray with me that I find it.
If I do, I'll tell you what it is....
0 comments:
Post a Comment
