Tuesday, March 25
yet another reason I don't have a Jesus fish on my car
I read an award-winning blog called Dooce daily, if only because it's probably the most well-written piece of the universe I've come across in a long time. It's penned by a girl named Heather Armstrong, an ex-Mormon whose struggles with religion and family and depression and parenting are brilliantly and hilariously documented in raw, honest (and sometimes profane, so be warned) prose.
You get the feeling you know a girl when she gives you that kind of front seat at the window of her living room, which is why I was physically sick to see a comment from Agnes, a Christian (?) who took the time to write in and share her thoughts on the recent traumatic loss of Heather's unborn baby:
"Condolences for your miscarriage might be in order if you didn't make a career out of thumbing your nose at God."
Those empty lines above are me, speechless. For now.
You get the feeling you know a girl when she gives you that kind of front seat at the window of her living room, which is why I was physically sick to see a comment from Agnes, a Christian (?) who took the time to write in and share her thoughts on the recent traumatic loss of Heather's unborn baby:
"Condolences for your miscarriage might be in order if you didn't make a career out of thumbing your nose at God."
Those empty lines above are me, speechless. For now.
0 comments:
Post a Comment
