Thursday, December 18
anniversary, part three: we
Suppose you know a nice, young, collegiate couple. And suppose that couple has dated for a year or two, debating here and there about the future of their relationship.
Now suppose that, on a snowy Chicago afternoon, you find that couple in an apartment, mired in a serious discussion about the possibilities and perils of matrimony.
The young man says, "I don't think I'm ready for this. We need to take a break from our relationship."
But the young woman knows in her heart of hearts that, if he leaves, he will not come back. There's a long pause, after which she responds, "You don't realize what we've got here, and you're not leaving this room until you promise that you're not ending it."
There's another long pause, and another long conversation, and the young man says, "You know, I think you're right."
And the young couple is engaged to be married just seven short weeks later, and they live happily ever after, though their life looks nothing like they thought it would, in any imaginable way, So Help Me God.
You'd probably think this forward-thinking young lady was entirely responsible for the brilliant success of their 15-year marriage, wouldn't you?
Because I certainly would.
Happy 15 years today, Michael Adkins. I'm glad you changed your mind.
Now suppose that, on a snowy Chicago afternoon, you find that couple in an apartment, mired in a serious discussion about the possibilities and perils of matrimony.
The young man says, "I don't think I'm ready for this. We need to take a break from our relationship."
But the young woman knows in her heart of hearts that, if he leaves, he will not come back. There's a long pause, after which she responds, "You don't realize what we've got here, and you're not leaving this room until you promise that you're not ending it."
There's another long pause, and another long conversation, and the young man says, "You know, I think you're right."
And the young couple is engaged to be married just seven short weeks later, and they live happily ever after, though their life looks nothing like they thought it would, in any imaginable way, So Help Me God.
You'd probably think this forward-thinking young lady was entirely responsible for the brilliant success of their 15-year marriage, wouldn't you?
Because I certainly would.
Happy 15 years today, Michael Adkins. I'm glad you changed your mind.
6 comments:
I think part four should be "Brie" and celebrate your love of cheese.
Or I could call it "knee" and talk about my various past surgeries.
I'm glad I changed my mind, too. Happy anniversary, baby. Looking forward to 15 more incredible years!
Happy Anniversary to you and Mike and Happy Birthday to Katy Claire! Busy week in your family! Enjoy!!
Happy Anniversary, my friends! Sorry I missed knowing you at Wheaton by just a year or two! I would have loved to sit in the Stupe with you and cheer you on to being that forward-thinking woman, Kelly! I'm glad that our paths have finally crossed! You guys are an awesome couple!

How can we help to get that book out of you? Your head and your heart must be pounding with it trapped in there!
Recap:
December 15 -- Debut of "Masking & Unveiling"
December 17 -- Katy Claire's birthday, Kelly's re-birthday
December 18 -- Adkins' anniversary
Conveniently, December 16 -- Jane Austen's birthday