Friday, August 8
life:beautiful
I gravitate toward the magazine rack in most any store, because
A) I like to thumb through them for graphic design ideas, and
B) I am a slave to my raging magazine addiction, and I like to use point A as a good cover story.
Last week on one such scouting adventure, I came across a new release called life:beautiful. It was, in fact, so beautiful that I picked it up to steal typography ideas before I realized something that astonished me: I was reading a Christian magazine. I'd never seen anything like it before. Think Real Simple meets Martha Stewart meets inspiring devotional.
Excellence + innovation + faith always makes me happy and proud — I'm excited to see there are people out there who know that the way you present Christ to people actually matters. Although some of the content wasn't entirely for my demographic (craft projects, for instance, always tend to leave me with a murderous look in my eye and the glue gun stuck to my hair), the fabulous execution of a fresh idea is enough for me to recommend a look.
Check it out.
A) I like to thumb through them for graphic design ideas, and
B) I am a slave to my raging magazine addiction, and I like to use point A as a good cover story.
Last week on one such scouting adventure, I came across a new release called life:beautiful. It was, in fact, so beautiful that I picked it up to steal typography ideas before I realized something that astonished me: I was reading a Christian magazine. I'd never seen anything like it before. Think Real Simple meets Martha Stewart meets inspiring devotional.
Excellence + innovation + faith always makes me happy and proud — I'm excited to see there are people out there who know that the way you present Christ to people actually matters. Although some of the content wasn't entirely for my demographic (craft projects, for instance, always tend to leave me with a murderous look in my eye and the glue gun stuck to my hair), the fabulous execution of a fresh idea is enough for me to recommend a look.
Check it out.
2 comments:
Post a Comment
Ha! I am not crafty either. I hate it. Scrapbooking is worse. That mag looks cool though. Thanks for sharing!!!
I am glad you are back to the blog. I have missed it.
