Sunday, August 17

girl, interrupted

To me, the idea of interrupted time for work or pleasure is bliss; I have always resented a pause in the action.

But as I have limped toward maturity, I have learned the unsettling fact that life is made of interruptions. I have even gone so far as to believe (but not know) that interruptions are life.

This morning, however, with no forewarning or ease, God took it up a notch. He paused my action with these startling thoughts:

If you don't like interruptions, Kelly, you don't like your children. You don't like your husband. You don't like your calling to serve the church. 

If you don't like interruptions, Kelly, you don't like Me. 

For I — I Am the Great Interrupter, the One who stands in the path of the plans of men. I turn their hearts away from obsession and smallness for My glory, disrupting their petty stories to write epics that no one will ever forget.

5 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)