Saturday, February 16

So I wasn't kidding....

when I said that my right arm was missing, because apparently I have had trouble typing this week on the blog.

Mike will be back tomorrow, and it won't be a moment too soon. He called today from a layover in Ethiopia (how often do you get to say that?), forty-five minutes before boarding an Ethiopian Airlines flight to Rome on his way home.

I do realize that it is 100% patent American snobbery (as well as not the current reality), but when I heard that Mike was flying home on Ethiopian Airlines, all that went through my head was Michael Jackson's We Are the World video and and the thought "if they can't feed people, how can they get a big metal tube with my baby on it safely from Africa to Europe?"

Actually, Mike said that the capital city there is large and prospering, and that every woman there is a stunningly beautiful six-foot tall supermodel. I can see why they don't put that in the brochure; no woman's going to want to compete with that on her vacation.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)