Monday, January 21
real vs. a reality check
I thought I would share with you something I shared with the staff last week, and that is how Mike said something that really convicted me recently and caused me to look hard at my stinky self. It's one of the pitfalls, uh, I mean privileges of being married to someone who is both very insightful and very concerned about my spiritual health.
The story boils down to this: I wasn't too happy about doing something I had to do, and Mike encouraged me to change my attitude. I responded, "So you just want me to be fake, do you?"
Quietly, he answered me: "No. I want you to be mature."
How often I wrap my very unappealing lack of growth or change in the more appealing package of authenticity. But there is a big difference between being real and needing a big fat reality check.
In light of that, I thought I'd pass on this post from one of my favorite bloggers, Furtick, that just happened to be published soon after that conversation took place. God has such a delightful sense of humor.
The story boils down to this: I wasn't too happy about doing something I had to do, and Mike encouraged me to change my attitude. I responded, "So you just want me to be fake, do you?"
Quietly, he answered me: "No. I want you to be mature."
How often I wrap my very unappealing lack of growth or change in the more appealing package of authenticity. But there is a big difference between being real and needing a big fat reality check.
In light of that, I thought I'd pass on this post from one of my favorite bloggers, Furtick, that just happened to be published soon after that conversation took place. God has such a delightful sense of humor.
0 comments:
Post a Comment
