Sunday, March 8

five things that will make your marriage last, part two

I added this to the comments, but I will say it more publicly in a post: I can't tell you how many men have quietly thanked me for the list below.

Most people have focused on the fun, sudden truth of point number five, but there's a reason that numbers one through four are repeated for emphasis. Two becoming one inevitably leads to friction, loss and wounds. The only way to survive long term is to lay your lives down — for as long as you are together — in continuous apology and acceptance.

The real secret of the list?

Wives will never have a satisfying sex life without learning forgiveness. And husbands will find it hard to choose forgiveness without enjoying a satisfying sex life.

As with all eternal things, grace is the lynchpin.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)