Tuesday, December 18
now we are five.
Welcome to the world, Katy Claire! Weighing in at a generous 5 pounds, 4 ounces, you cried and squeaked your way butt-first into the freezing cold operating room at 4:19am on Monday, December 17th. It was only about 16 hours or so after I wrote the post about giving you a 24-hour better chance. Guess you set out to prove to me you didn't need it. Just like your mama.
You are doing well, settled into an observation nursery, breathing on your own. As much as I would like to be charming, poignant and witty in this entry about your birth, I will settle for lucid. Sort of. God bless morphine.
You are doing well, settled into an observation nursery, breathing on your own. As much as I would like to be charming, poignant and witty in this entry about your birth, I will settle for lucid. Sort of. God bless morphine.
4 comments:
Post a Comment
Congratulations my friend! I'm glad you decided on the name "Katy Claire" over "Morphine". Morphine Adkins. Like a Matrix character.
Congratulations Kelly. I thought a lot about you and Mike yesterday, holding your new baby girl. It was just 6 years ago when Doc and I were doing exactly the same thing - holding our precious daughter. What a thrill - our family is so happy for your family.
Blessings to you all, Julie
Blessings to you all, Julie
Congratulations from the MacDonald family. We're thrilled to know that Katy Claire is here and doing well. You all are in our prayers. Please let us know if you need anything.
Shannon & fam...
Shannon & fam...
Congrats guys! Kelly, you needed another girl to mix things up in that house... Hold on boys! Here it comes!!!
